More Jobs in Canada for Farm Workers as New Agri-food Pilot Launches – Do you know that there more jobs available for farm workers in Canada presently and this is as a result of the Canadian Immigration Agri-Food pilot program that is now open for application.
This Agri-food Immigration Pilot is to allow skilled farm workers to immigrate to Canada and gain permanent residency in Canada and since the agricultural sector of the country is booming presently, there are a lot of job opportunities for you as a farm worker.
Also, the Canadian government is looking to fill up labour shortages in the country and it has created about 2,750 spots for foreign workers through this pilot program that would last for three years.
One interesting part of this program is that you can immigrate to Canada with your family. Isn’t this wonderful?
In this article, we are going to show you how you can apply for this immigration program and we are going to give you full details about immigrating to Canada through this pilot program.
What are the eligible jobs under this pilot program?
We are going to show you some of the jobs that are available under the Agri-Food Immigration Pilot.
- Industrial butchers
- Farm supervisors
- Food processing labourers
- General farmworkers
- Retail butchers
- Harvesting labourers
How To Immigrate To Canada Through The New Agri-Food Immigration Pilot?
You will need a job offer to apply for this program and also, you will have to show that you are an experienced farmworker in any of the field you specialize in with the agricultural sector.
We will be taking you through some of the tips you will need to follow to apply for permanent residency through the Agri-food Immigration Pilot.
- Determine your employer’s industry
Most of the job sectors in North America are classified by the NAICS (North American Industry System) and your potential employer will have to supply you with the NAICS industry code to enable you apply for the job.
Some of the eligible industries under the Agri-Food Immigration Pilot are:
- Animal production excluding aquaculture (NAICS 1121, 1122, 1123, 1124 or 1129)
- Meat production and manufacturing sector (NAICS 3116)
- Greenhouse, nursery and floriculture production, including mushroom production (NAICS 1114)
Check if you are eligible
You must meet the requirement for the program for you to qualify and they are:
- You must have a valid full-time non seasonal permanent job offer in Canada (salary must meet or exceed the prevailing wage)
- You must have one year of non-seasonal work experience (at least 1,560 hours) in the last three years
- You must have enough money to support yourself and your family members even if they are not moving with you to Canada
- You must meet the minimum Canadian Language Benchmark score of 4 in either English or French
- You must have a Canadian high school diploma or undergo an Educational Credential Assessment to show that the qualification you obtained from outside Canada is equivalent to the Canadian standard.
Also, you will have to submit any supporting documents that are requested so as to avoid delay in your visa application or application being denied.
- Find a job in Canada
There are a lot of jobs available for you as a farmworker in Canada and this is because the agricultural sector is one of the key sectors in the country. you can look up for available jobs in Canada on job platforms like eJobbo as they list up-to-date Canadian jobs and also allow you create a customized online resume to connect with employers in Canada
- Gather the necessary documents
We are going to show you the documents you will need to apply for the Agri-Food pilot and they are:
- Valid travel documents and passport
- Proof of education
- Proof of language proficiency
- Accurately completed application form
- Proof of funds
- Proof of previous related work experience
You might not need a Labour Market Impact Assessment document because of the high demand of skilled farm workers although this document shows that an employer need foreign workers to come fill up labour shortages as there are no Canadian citizen or permanent resident available to take the job.
- Submit your application
If your application is incomplete, incorrectly completed application forms or incomplete supporting documents, your application will be denied. So you will have to ensure that everything that is needed for your application to be successful is on ground and you can also decide to employ the service of a professional Canadian immigration agency to help you will your application as they know every detail about Canadian immigration and this will increase your chances of success in your application.