The University of Manitoba, also known as U of M, UManitoba, or UM. UManitoba is one of the most popular public universities in Canada. The University of Manitoba has its campus situated in an urban area.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Since established in 1877, the University of Manitoba has received over $878 million in endowments.
The University of Manitoba has academic affiliations with several bodies like the Universities Canada, Canadian Virtual University, the Universities Consortium, U15 Group of Canadian Research Universities, Campus Manitoba, Canadian Association of Research Libraries, and the Canadian Association of Research Libraries.
The University of Manitoba has received many applications from students all over the world and has enrolled students from different countries, economic backgrounds, and ethnicity. Every year, the University of Manitoba enrolls about 26,412 undergraduates and 4,625 postgraduates. The University also has about 5,252 academic staff and 3,838 administrative staff.
The University of Manitoba International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarships was established to aid international students to study for their undergraduate degree program. The University of Manitoba International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarships is generally open to exceptionally good students who want to put their energy into pursuing their career ambitions.
Keep reading to know about what you need to apply for the scholarship, its acceptance rate, eligibility, selection criteria, and more.
The University of Manitoba International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarships is a partial scholarship. Applicants who qualify for the scholarship will be awarded a reduction in fee that will apply to the first year of study.
The scholarship award will aid elevate the payment load of the first-year tuition fee for international students seeking admission to undergraduate programs at the University of Manitoba. After the first year, students will begin to pay tuition fees in full and other outstanding fees.
The University of Manitoba International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarships is only open to applicants who are not nationals of Canada. This means applicants from all the countries of the world can apply.
To be eligible for the University of Manitoba International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarships, applicants must be able to fulfill the following criteria.
- Be an International student who has applied to study an undergraduate program at the University.
- Students who have all the required documents and passed the required tests.
- Be a self-funded student and full-time.
- Students who have achieved a minimum high school average of 85% based on the best five senior-level academic courses from our approved General Entrance Scholarship list.
The University of Manitoba accepts diverse students and does not relegate them to a type of applicant. The Selection process is made without regard to sexual orientation, gender, ethnic origin, marital status, gender identity, race, social background, caste, color, disability, or religion.
Not everyone qualifies for the University of Manitoba International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarships. People who fall under this category will be exempted from the scholarship.
- Applicants who are not applying for an undergraduate program.
- Students who have graduated with a high school average that is lower than the required 85% based on the best five senior-level academic courses from our approved General Entrance Scholarship list.
- People who are seeking funds to study at a different university rather than the University of Manitoba.
- Applicants who have performed poorly on their English Language Test.
- International students who are not classed under eligible countries.
- Home students
- Students who want to use the University of Manitoba International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarships to apply at another university.
- Applicants who are not self-funding and an going to be full-time students.
The University of Manitoba International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarships is made available at only the undergraduate degree level. International students who apply for an undergraduate will be considered for a scholarship fund automatically for the first time. After that, the student may begin applying for other internal or external scholarships, bursaries, or student loans.
The University of Manitoba International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarships is available for all the undergraduate courses offered at the University.
The University of Manitoba International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarships offers stipends that can aid in a fee reduction that will only apply to the first year of study.
The value of the award funds is set each year in tiers based on students’ high school grade averages. For example, The award values for the International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarships for the years 2020-2021 were as follows:
- Averages greater than or equal to 95% – $3,000
- Averages greater than or equal to 90% – $2,000
- Averages greater than or equal to 85% – $1,000
This means that the higher your high school scores gets, the higher funds you will be considered for the scholarship.
Students who have been awarded the International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarships can apply for other financial aid at the university when the scholarship tenure is expired. The University of Manitoba also offers other external scholarships that can be used for funding at a different university.
How to Apply for The University of Manitoba International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarships
International applicants who pass the eligibility criteria will automatically be considered for the 2022/2023 International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarship.
When applying for admission at the University of Manitoba, students are also required to submit supporting documents like original academic records from past schools, a resume/CV, and a personal statement that may address:
- Why do you choose to study the course of your choice?
- The interests you have and how it relates to your chosen course of study.
- Why the University of Manitoba is the place you have chosen to study that course?
- Why you should be considered for the International Entrance Scholarship.
- What your career goals are and your plans after graduation?
- And more
Applicants must also meet entry education requirements for the program they are applying to. Other things to consider include references, interviews, and offers.
The International English Language Test – Level 6.0 (with the least subtest score of 5.5) may be required from international students.
All applications will be reviewed to check if applicants fulfill the eligibility criteria using the university’s procedures. Successful applicants will be informed about the scholarship plan.
The 2022/2023 International Entrance Scholarship will be awarded to applicants that will be starting their undergraduate studies in the 2022/2023 session usually by September 2022 and January 2023.
At the University of Manitoba, your total tuition and other school fees for each term are determined by many factors, which include the program and level you are in, the courses you are taking, and whether you are a domestic or an international student.
The tuition fees for full-time undergraduate international students are usually about 14,700CAD and above per year. On the other hand, tuition fees for full-time undergraduate domestic students are usually about 4,400CAD. It is ideal to check out the tuition fee for your courses on the course page.
The University of Manitoba International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarships is a partial scholarship. This means that at some point, some students will have to pay off outstanding fees by themselves.
Outstanding school fees like course fees and living expenses, which includes food, accommodation, heating, books and stationery, and travel will have to be paid by the students.
Tuition fees are a yearly payment which is acceptable in pound sterlings and other currencies. Students are urged to pay 50% of the tuition fees during enrollment and can continue paying in installments (up to three times). The University of Manitoba offers an array of ways students can pay for tuition including Online card payment, Payment by bank transfer, and Payment in cash.
The University of Manitoba offers other financial aid which may be external and require an additional application or internal and offer automatic consideration for students who meet the set criteria. They offer a range of scholarships, bursaries, and funding for undergraduates and postgraduates.
Some of the types of financial aid include:
- Entrance Awards
- Scholarships for current students
- Ingenious student awards
- International student awards
- Graduate student awards
- Government student loans
- U.S student funding
- Work-study program
- Emergency loans
- University of Manitoba food bank
The University of Manitoba International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarships is an opportunity for students seeking financial aid to pursue an undergraduate degree program at the university. Plus it is generally open to exceptionally good students who want to put their energy into pursuing their career ambitions.
Studying at the University of Manitoba is an opportunity to improve my knowledge. The university stands as one of the notable universities with a 52% acceptance rate and a 63.1% graduation rate.
MORE SCHOLARSHIP RECOMMENDATIONS
- Fully Funded Google Ph.D. Fellowship Program 2022
- Canada Provincial Government Student Assistance for International Students 2022/2023
- Henry and Aleida Segger Music Scholarship at King’s University, Alberta, Canada 2023
- French Institutes for Advanced Study (FIAS) Fellowships for International Students, France 2023/2024