The French Embassy MSc and PhD Scholarships 2020 is now open for application. Students of Ghanaian origin are presented with the opportunity for their further studies in France on scholarships. The scholarships are to be awarded on the grounds of academic excellence, as such only the bright Ghanaian students stand a good chance of getting the sponsorship.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): French Embassy.
Scholarships to be taken at: Universities/Institutions in France.
Scholarship Type: Full/Partial Funding.
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (MSc and PhD)
Slots: Not stated.
Scholarship Worth: Please see scholarships benefits.
Subject Eligibility: Please see eligible fields of study
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Ghanaian Students.
General Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for French Embassy Postgraduate (MSc and PhD) Scholarships 2020 are as follows:
– Applicants must be of Ghanaian Nationality.
– Age limit: 35 years for Master’s Degree applicants and 40 years for PhD applicants.
- – Bachelor’s Degree for a Master’s,
- – MPhil Degree for a PhD.
Eligible Fields of Study:
- – Master FLE (Teaching French as a foreign language)-This course is only taught in French. Most universities request for a DELF B2 or a DALF C1 to be admitted .
- – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- – Science and Technology
- – Agriculture and Food Processing
- – Environment and Earth Sciences
- – Tourism and Archaeology
– Applicants with First Class or Second Class Upper on their Degree will be given priority consideration.
– Mastery of French: French Proficiency is not a requirement for application.
– For Master’s Degree students who speak little or no French at all, can apply to a wide-range of Programmes taught in English by various French Universities.
– For PhDs, candidates can do their research and write their thesis in English. PHD portal in France
Nonetheless, mastering of French Language would be an asset. Note that certain universities require a minimum level of B2 to pursue programmes taught in French.
Submission of Application Forms
Applicants are required to submit hard and soft copies of their application forms before 17:00 GMT on 16th March 2020.
– Soft Copy: Applications must be sent to FranceGhanaScholarships@gmail.com. The subject of the message should include the first name and SURNAME of the applicant.
– Hard Copy: Applications must be submitted or sent to the Cooperation and Cultural Affairs Department (SCAC) at the French Embassy in Ghana, Fourth Circular Road, Cantonments, Accra, P. O. Box 187 Accra.
An acknowledgement of receipt of a complete application (hard and soft copy) will be sent to applicants via email.
Document Requirements (Compulsory):
– Copy of birth certificate.
– Application form: Click to Downloaded Form and filled
– Cover letter of the student (maximum of 1 page) addressed to the Head of Cooperation and Cultural Affairs, detailing the student’s motivation and highlighting how the desired course will support the student’s career development.
– Reference Letter from your Ghanaian University
– Academic file: Copies of full academic transcripts and degrees
– Proof of Registration or pre-registration with a French university for a master’s degree or a PhD.(admission letter, proof of application, proof of contact with the chosen universities)
– Detailed Curriculum Vitae
– Documents describing the financial situation of the applicant (certificate of scholarship for studies in progress, pay slips, or bank statements of students or parents)
– For applicants to doctorate programmes, kindly attach your research topic as well an acceptance letter from your PhD supervisor in France.
Candidates applying for the French Embassy Postgraduate (MSc and PhD) Scholarships 2020 are advised to check up more details on the scholarship and further application guide at the official website (Link provided at a later end of the post)