Are you a truck or trailer driver and you are looking to get information about how you could move to the United States and work as a truck driver, you just saw this post right in time.
In this post, we will be talking extensively about everything you need to know about truck driving jobs with visa sponsorship in USA.
It is no news that the United States is one of the best countries of the world to live and work in and this is why there has always been an influx of immigrants from around the world every year.
Every year, immigrants come to the United States in search of good fortune and the country never disappoints. The United States offers better standard of living, a lot of job opportunities and safe environment to live in.
According to statistics and report, it is said that there are over 20,000 truck companies in USA with job vacancies for truck drivers and so if you are an experienced truck or trailer driver, this is the best time to go ahead to apply so that you could move to the United States.
You can go through truck driver jobs with visa sponsorship in USA where you will not have to go through much stress and spend much in sponsoring your visa as your employer will be the one to sponsor your visa to come to USA.
For you to apply for truck driving jobs in the United States, you must meet the requirements and qualifications of the truck company and if you meet these requirements, your application will be approved and granted.
Truck Driving Jobs In USA
Truck driving is the transportation of goods and services from one place to another especially from the point of manufacturing to the location where it is needed. There are different types of truck drivers in USA like the long haul truck driver and short haul truck driver.
Truck drivers are expected to be very knowledgeable in the mechanical sector, fixing any problems, routinely checking the vehicle’s condition, and changing worn-out parts to provide efficient functioning.
As a truck driver in the U.S., you could earn as high as $52,034 to $68,293 per year.
What Do Truck Driver Do In The USA?
Here are some of the duties and responsibilities of a truck driver in the United States:
- Deliver items to clients and customers according to the set schedule
- Follows the rules and regulations of the company
- Carry out regular safety inspections of the vehicle to ensure the compliance with the laws and policies of the U.S. government
- Deliver items to the right locations as instructed
- Keep the delivery truck neat and in good shape
- Carry out minor maintenance and repairs to the truck
- Get required signatures, store stamps or meet the required requirements to ensure the accurate settlement of invoices
- Load and unload equipment into trucks for delivery
Skills Needed To Work As A Truck Driver In the USA
For you to work as a truck or trailer driver in the United States, you must have the following skills:
Ability to operate and drive straight or articulated trucks or trailers to deliver goods
Ability to guarantee the safety and security of cargo
Ability to receive information and send it to the central dispatcher
Ability to plan your trip routes and schedules
Ability to examine the condition of the truck and check the tires, brakes, cold storage, lights and other compartments.
Truck Driving Jobs With Visa Sponsorship In USA
Truck driving jobs with visa sponsorship allows an employer in the United States to hire a foreign worker and then proceed to sponsoring the foreign workers to come to the country.
Through this program, truck drivers are able to be sponsored to get visa to come work and live legally in USA.
The visa sponsorship program generally covers living, insurance and also health expenses. It could also cover paid vacation.
The visa sponsorship program allows you to work in the country even while maintaining your visa status. It is an easy program to apply for as there is little paperwork to fill.
You just have to meet the requirements for the program and also meet the requirements for landing a truck driving job in the United States. You must have a permanent job offer from an employer in the United States. The employer must also meet the visa requirements to be able to sponsor your visa.
Why You Should Get Truck Driving Jobs With Visa Sponsorship In USA
Here, we are going to be talking about what you would benefit from getting truck driving jobs with visa sponsorship in USA.
- Dental and vision coverage
- Flexible working conditions
- Tuition reimbursement
- Attractive salaries
- Paid vacation and sick day off
- Health insurance coverage
- Wellness Program
- Health savings account
- Employment assistance program
- Retirement saving plan
Where To find Truck Driving Jobs With Visa Sponsorship In USA
If you are looking for truck driving jobs in the United States, there are a lot of websites where you could look at and here are some of the sites you should check out:
- Google Jobs
On these jobs listing websites, you will find truck driving jobs as they have a lot of options for you to choose from.
Eligibility Criteria To Apply For Truck and Trailer Driving Jobs With Visa Sponsorship In USA
Before you start applying for truck driving jobs with visa sponsorship in USA, you must ensure that you meet all the requirements for visa sponsorship. Below, we will be listing out all the requirements that you must meet when applying for truck driving jobs in USA:
- Valid driver’s license
- GED or High School Diploma
- Good driving record.
- Highway maintenance and traffic control safety practices
- Previous truck driving experience, Class A or B CDL preferred
- Capable of lifting up to 60 pounds in all weather conditions.
- Skill in operation of hand tools
- Formal education in arithmetic
How To Apply For Truck Driving Jobs With Visa Sponsorship In USA
If you are sure that you meet all the necessary requirements to apply for truck driving jobs with visa Sponsorship in USA, you can proceed with your application. Here are some of the steps that you must follow when apply:
- Search for truck driving jobs on job listing websites.
- Search for truck driving jobs with visa sponsorship in USA
- Read through the job description of the job options provided.
- Carry out thorough research on the company
- Upload your CV and other requested documents.
- You must carefully go through and follow the prompts to complete your online application process.
- After you have successfully completed your online application process following the above steps, wait for a response from the company.
Immigrate To USA As A Truck Driver
If you are an experienced truck or trailer driver and you are looking for how you would immigrate to the United States, then here is how to go about it.
Truck drivers can immigrate to the United States through the H-2B visa as truck driving companies in the country go through this program to hire foreign commercial drivers to the county to fill up truck driving positions.
Through the H-2B visa, employers in USA are able to hire and sponsor foreign workers that meet the requirements they are looking for.
For you to be eligible for the H-2B visa application, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 21 years of age and also have a legal commercial driver’s license (CDL)
- You will also need to have an endorsement to your CDL that shows that you are specialized and can driver that type of vehicle.
- You must have some years of experience as a truck or trailer driver
- You must have no criminal record.
Since truck drivers fall under unskilled employment, you don’t need any important degree.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I immigrate to USA as a truck driver?
Yes. You can immigrate to USA as a truck or trailer driver. You will have to go through the H-2B visa as truck companies in USA go through this program to hire foreign truck drivers. Through the program, employers and trucking companies in the country are able to fill up truck driving positions. According to drrivers.com, the H-2B is probably the best visa option for truck drivers.
- Can a trucking company sponsor an immigrant?
For an employer or US trucking company to sponsor an immigrant, they must submit a labour certification to the U.S. Department of Labour and after the labour certification has been approved by the DOL, the employer can file a Permanent Resident petition with the USCIS. If the petition is approved, the truck driver can either go to the nearest U.S. consulate to get the immigrant visa or apply for adjustment of status if they are already in the U.S.
- How much do truck drivers earn in USA?
Truck drivers earn an average salary of around $59,039 to $62,934 per year and around $29.03 per hour. The most experienced truck drivers could earn as high as $83,034 per year.
- Can I get work permit as a truck driver in USA?
Yes you can. As a truck driver that wants to work in USA, you will need to have a heavy vehicle driving license and many companies will also want you to have a commercial driver’s license (CDL) which you can get from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
- Can truck drivers apply for green card?
The truck driving companies in USA can bring commercial truck drivers to the country either on temporary or permanent basis. They could sponsor truck drivers for permanent residency in USA which is green card.
- Which states in USA pay truck drivers the most?
The states in the US that pay truck drivers the most are:
- New York
- District of Columbia
- North Dakota
Immigrating to USA as a truck driver is not as easy as it seems but we believe that with the information we have revealed in this article, you now know how to go about your application for truck driving jobs with visa sponsorship in USA where you have your employer sponsor your visa to come to USA.
To make the process faster and easier for you, you must ensure that you meet all the requirements to make you eligible and also have a valid job offer from an employer or truck driving company in USA.
Naijschools.com – USA 2022 Truck Driver Jobs with VISA Sponsorship
Centerofopportunities.com – Truck Driver Jobs in USA With Visa Sponsorship
Traveljobhealth.com – how to get truck driver in usa with visa sponsorship 2022